Monday, April 11, 2011

A Setback

So I was feeling real good last week after having done 10 miles again last Saturday.  On Monday, Lynnette and I upped our intervals to 6min run/1 min walk.  It felt really long, but nice that we were running for longer periods of time. Just a little annoying because I was sneezing a lot from what I thought were allergies. We did the same on Tuesday, and after the run, I thought I was just achy from pushing myself a little harder, only to realize Wednesday night that the aches and pains and all the sniffling was accompanied by a fever.  Yup, I was hit with what I think is the flu.  Couldn't get out of bed for the next 3 days.  So I skipped yesterday's 16 miler BUT I did manage to get to Mike Hagiwara's Yoga class in Little Tokyo instead.  I figured all of the stretching and energy work would help get rid of the aches and the leftover sickness, and I feel so much better today.  I'm gonna hit Cardio Barre tomorrow morning, and hopefully back to running again on Tuesday.

And as always, thanks so much for your support and the generous donations, especially from Pam & Michael Hayashida,  Francesca Estrada, and Steffinnie Phrommany!  Only $150 away from reaching my goal of $1000!

Love and happiness,
Rona

No comments:

Post a Comment