Sunday, May 15, 2011

22 Miles Done and 3 Weeks to Go!

As I sit here with lactic acid coursing through almost every part of my body, it finally hit me that the marathon is coming up and soon.  Lynnette and I did 22 miles yesterday and it was a really great training session.  We've been running 9/1 intervals the past few weeks, and after weeks of mental resistance, it finally feels like a nice, easy pace.  We were very disciplined yesterday about keeping to one-minute walks with an occassional 2 for our goo breaks.  We were also very good about our water stops and just getting what we needed and moving on.  The hills were really tough for me, and in our final 2 miles with a slight incline, I had to yell out that it was all mental in order to keep me going, and I did. 

Next week we're doing 16, then 10 for the following week, and then the big day!

Thank you all for your support and donations.  If you would still like to make a donation, please visit:

http://LAStartTraining.kintera.org/ronalee_miyasaki
p.s.  Kudos to everyone who did the Pasadena Marathon today!  You rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment